Friends of Dawn House
The Friends of Dawn House are our amazing school (parents and staff) fundraising group which doubles up to provide social opportunities for families who do not have the 'school gates' opportunities.
The Friends of Dawn House School works as a collaboration to enhance the work that supports our children here.
We aim to:
- To provide opportunities for parent/carers to get in touch with one another to provide a forum for support and sharing.
- To be involved in the life of the school in supporting events to enhance the experiences of our children.
- To raise money to be used for the direct benefit of pupils.
How We Do It
The Friends of Dawn House organises shops in school for special days such as Mothers’ Day, Father's Day and for Christmas so children can purchase gifts for their family and friends, a Summer Fayre during sports day and a Christmas Fayre alongside the Christmas show.
Benefits for our Pupils
Funds raised through activities have been used to benefit children in school for example such as furnishing the Wellbeing Suite, purchasing the outdoor classroom, outdoor play equipment for key stage 2 and additional specialist resources for the occupational therapy department.
How You Can Support Our Work
- Purchase a Lottery Ticket from the Robin Hood Lottery.
- Volunteer your time to paint a room or help out at the Christmas Fayre.
- Purchase something from our Amazon Wishlist - please contact Friends of Dawn House for further details.
- Choose your challenge. You can do anything from running a 5k to a whole marathon. We'll be there every step of the way.
- Plan your own event such as a bake sale or a pub quiz.
- Donate items that we can use in a raffle or tombola, or that we can sell for example bake a cake for our regular cake sales or donate an unwanted gift , piece of clothing or household items for our Pop Up Charity Shop
- Like to shop on Amazon? Next time you do, make sure that you visit smile.amazon.co.uk and select 'ICANCharity' as your preferred charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price to us, at no additional cost to you - easy!
- Make a donation - please make cheques payable to: (I CAN) Dawn House School Fund
Get in Touch
For further information about The Friends of Dawn House, please contact Kathy Horton, Wellbeing Lead on 01623 795361
or complete the form below.